- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 300g ground meat
- 4 390g cans pork and beans
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in pan over medium low heat.
- Stir fry onion and garlic.
- Add ground meat and cook until browned.
- Add water to deglaze pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add pork and beans.
- Add sugar if desired. (This depends on the taste of the sauce of the pork and beans. Some brands are sweeter than others.)
- Season with salt (If needed! Give it a taste first.) and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or bread.