- Cooking oil
- Liquid seasoning (We prefer Maggi Savor Classic)
- Light soy sauce
- Wash eggplants and cut the stems off.
- Slice eggplants however you want (eg. rounds, sticks). Our eggplants are of the purple chinese variety, so we slice them crosswise into 3-inch pieces then further cut them into four batons.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat and add oil. I find that a wok (or anything with a metal surface) works better than nonstick pans.
- Once oil is hot, fry eggplants in batches for 2-3 minutes until skin is slightly crisp. You can also tell that they’re done or close to done by the distinct earthy smell fried eggplants have.
- Serve with rice and dipping sauce.