- 2 whole chicken breasts* (bone in, skin on)
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bulb ginger**
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 5L water
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*Two of these.
**Slice into thumb-sized pieces and crush using flat side of knife to release juices.
- In a large pot, boil chicken breasts over medium heat until tender (25-35 minutes).
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from heat and shred. Discard bones but leave stock.
- Stir fry garlic, onion, and ginger in a large skillet over medium low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and uncooked rice and toss for another minute.
- Add chicken stock and remaining water. Rice to water ratio should be 1:8 for medium thickness.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until rice is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.